Thursday, February 4, 2010

Tea Man

During my first few months of college, I drank a lot of tea during the day. This was before I got full fledged into coffee. But I was really into, drinking it. Some of my first college friends would jokingly refer to me as Tea Man. The monicker subsided rather quickly as the blacker, caffeinated beverage gave me a better buzz, but the idea of Tea Man returned recently with an idea for a new Wood Sugars short film Eliaz Rodriguez and I started to brain storm just before x-mas. We are now in production for Tea Man - Steep! And we're getting to a point of exciting precision, building each shot like a painting. I've actually been working on a couple of tea related paintings for the set. It's proven to be therapeutic, and has helped me to stir up my old subconscious tea fascinations from the days of old. We shot one scene already at a store called Waxman, a candle store here in Chicago. We're about to shoot a tea party scene this coming weekend. An actual tea party will be involved. If there are any Chicagoans out there reading this and want to get involved with the tea party in anyway, please shoot me an e-mail jeffphillips [at] woodsugars dot com.

No comments: