Sunday, March 6, 2011

ITB 6

We put up a new episode of Inside the Barrel last week. We had some fun conversations with Ted Tremper, a comedian, and winner of a Vimeo Award for his webseries "Breakups." We also have a short sketch on there I wrote called "Bikers and Cars" which plays with the seeming rivalry between hipsters who bike about town and the people who drive. Definitely something I see both sides of, and I do applaud anyone who rides their bike, I know I'd like to ride mine more about town, but I've encounter much too many bikers who believe they are above any rules of the road. So this piece was inspired by that. I also wrote and we recorded a sketch called "Furrocious" about a father/son hunting trip, and the son reveals he's a "furry." It felt funny as we recorded it but editing found it didn't work as a comedic piece the way it played out, so I'm back to the writing table with that one.


3 comments:

Dr. Kenneth Noisewater said...

I like that notion of bikers and motorists because I also see both sides. After that snow storm with the piles of snow pushing cars further out into the street, there was no room at all for bikes - tempers were flaring up out there on both ends!

I think the furry piece could totally work, but not on a podcast because you would really want to see them in their hunting outfits, and then maybe the sun slips on a deer or some other animals pelt - and then maybe the dad tries it out too - and they get blood all over themselves and hug it out.

Dr. Kenneth Noisewater said...

Oh jeez I mean "son" not "sun." It's been a long weekend. I was at a furry party that turned into a 48 hour acid trip.

The Igloo Oven said...

haha, acid furry party! I may have seen you on my way out, were you the dodo bird or the moose?

Yeah, the bikers and cars sketch was based off of a real life incident driving up Halsted one night. An angry french biker was weaving drunkenly back and forth in the car lane. I honked lightly to try and get by.