Saturday, April 17, 2010

Smoke Break in dreamy

I smoked my first cigarette in years in a dream I had last night. It was a work dream. I recently began working as a sales rep for a merchant processing company. Not a bad job at all actually. I get a desk. M-F 9-5pm, 1 hour lunch. Anyway in my dream I was making sales calls and a blizzard was hitting Chicago. We were stuck in the office over night, which motivated me to take part in a quick smoke outside, in the impending wash of white. I thought I'd be brave and venture into a nearby CVS to get some toiletries but found it to be a "micro" CVS, finding that to mean they had jack shit of anything. They had candy bars, magazines, t-shirts and flip flops. Despite the weather a nite club was hopping and thumping with music. When I returned some of my co-worker's families had come to camp out. One had brought a baby. I was asked to help change his diaper. When I took him into the bathroom I found him to have white fur (like my cat Gus I suppose). I guess I think of Gus as my baby. Sorry to be so sickening.

2 comments:

Dr. Kenneth Noisewater said...

Congrats on the 9 to 5! That seems like what you need to give you time to do other stuff, not on call all the time like the other job. Would be good to catch up some time.

The Igloo Oven said...

Thanks man! It's nice, I love the hour long lunch. Fo sho man, with some Coors Banquet!