Monday, May 12, 2008

The Green Park

{Dream Log 5.11.08}

Leaving the apartment complex, where the landlord hollared at me. He was doing some work, and I tried to help organize his orange extension cords, tangled and littering the hall way.

"Why do you feel the need to help Squirt!"

Down the creaking, wooden steps, I held Magdalene's hand. Outside the warm sun, and chirping birds freshened me up. Passing by the elevated train tracks, I noticied a park I had not seen before. Stretching down for some ways, luscious greens, hedges, ponds, ferns, palms, moss, contrasted with singing vibrancy next to the brick and concrete surroundings. A glorious patch that seemed to extend and open a portal with the urban stage. A deep valley to disappear from the city horns. Small yet expansive, it soothed the idea of retreat. I pulled Magdelena closer, brushed aside her brunette curls and brought my lips to her ears.

"What do you say we grab some take out and have a lovely picnic in the park? I've never, after all this time here, explored the little patch of greenery by the train."

Magdelene tightened and froze.

"No, no, my friend told there is a problem with gangs hiding in that spot."

"Well, let's put an end to that problem."

Thinking I would dial the police to get it patrolled, I pulled out my cell phone and flipped it open.

"Do you think stationing police here will make it feel any more peaceful for me?" She asked.

I did not have an answer. We walked a little further and watched sail boats on the blue sea.

1 comment:

Unknown said...

La présence glaciale des hommes insulte le soleil. Les gangsters utilisant Marakowsky.