Monday, January 23, 2012

Marshmallow-y

Tonight I will be reading at You Me Them Everybody's 8x8 at The Hungry Brain. 
It's supposed to snow tonight, but I still hope a lot of people come out. Events that still get a good turnout despite inclement weather are some of the warmest, communal get-togethers. Forgive the cheese, there is some sort of magic in those flakes hitting your head, not holding you back, you got a reading to go see damnit! I've noticed myself grow cheesier as a person in humor and just general conduct. And I'm okay with that. I'm nearing my 30s and will probably be a dad in the next 10 years. My personality is not that of a rugged, intense dude. I'm a somewhat marshmallow-y fellow. 


I'm reading two new short stories. In one of them, a character drops the "n" word. I'm somewhat nervous about dropping the "n" word in a public place. I am indeed white, like a marshmallow. It may be rather jarring, and goofy being flung from my mouth.  We'll see how it goes.

No comments: