Sunday, January 15, 2012

Little Pleasures

Id. Gratification. The pleasure principle. 


No matter one's beliefs on the purpose of life, pleasure is at least a pretty damn important additive. It's important to give into temptation every now and then.


I took a walk in the bitter cold then came inside and took a hot shower. The expansion of my circulation melted my interior with glee.


Mexican music playing from the next door neighbors. Made me think of summer, of family. 


Last night I got a good beer buzz going and watched an assundry of music videos on YouTube. This was after another solid Wood Sugars writer meeting. We're getting on those more regularly now so can keep developing new live sketches and new short films. 


Today I did more edits on my novel manuscript. I spent a good while on it and my brain felt a bit sapped after so I played Sonic Colors on Wii and then decided to walk to Walgreens to get cookie dough. Again, giving into temptation. I hope scientists develop a cure for diabetes. My sweet tooth is a good salesman. 


I sat here for a good few minutes trying to think up a good poignant post but this is the best splattering of wisdom I could come up with for now. I have been writing a shit ton though. That's where my brain has been spilling its juice. 


In a little over a week, Monday Jan 23rd I will be reading at the Hungry Brain in Chicago in the 8x8 show. You should come. We can drink IPAs together. 







1 comment:

Anonymous said...

You made several good points there. I did a search on the topic and found the majority of folks will consent with your blog.
GE Refrigerator Door Gasket Seal WR24X309