Thursday, December 10, 2009

Droves and Acorns

Last night I had a strange of glimpse of the city of Chicago on the brink of absolute chaos. I hopped over a roadside barrier and had to sweet talk two female cops as the sunrise came up and people took to the streets in droves. My enjoyment of the excitement dissolved as I saw apartment buildings collapse, then my meandering turned to the west, to the smaller towns, where I stayed with an old high school friend, in a large white house near a lake, and enjoyed a more subdued sunrise the following "dream" day. The warm rain fell on my shoulders. Tickling, wet, refreshment. I had a ball throwing acorns into an abandoned pool over grown with ivy.

There were tones of my dream that reflected and resembled some themes in the book I just released: Turban Tan. I hope you get a chance to check it out. I had a good time writing it and putting it together. It's a piece that means a lot to me. www.TurbanTan.com. Below is a little trailer for it.

No comments: