Friday, September 16, 2011

Two Suns, Double Daytime

I read this article yesterday about a planet that orbits two stars. I felt a quick wooshy de-ja-vu type feeling when I imagined what it would be like to experience the throws and refractions of light on that planet's sky from the rays of two suns. What would evening be like, where in our experience, light fades the horizon. But what if light faded back cancelling out that spread of dusk. The contrast of darkness when rotated on the dark side of two suns must be a harsh contrast, like an angry desert that bites the the marrow with chilly.

Sunscreen won't help you here during double day time. I hope their ozone is in good shape and every industry there went green a long long time ago.

I had another space dream last night. The view of Earth was refreshing. Dark cool blue, on the dark side of the planet. Quiet. I floated. A good dream to have.

http://www.nytimes.com/2011/09/16/science/space/16planet.html?_r=1&src=ISMR_AP_LO_MST_FB

No comments: